The Firm and our attorneys support professional, civic and nonprofit community organizations by serving as volunteers and committee and board members. Examples of these activities include:
- For several years, Hatcher Law Group has supported the Safe Alliance organization which provides programming and services for survivors of domestic violence, sexual violence and child abuse.
- Since 2009, we have partnered with the Legal Representation Project (LRP), which provides free legal representation to domestic violence and sexual assault victims seeking protective orders.
- Greg Hatcher served two terms as committee chair of the Men for Change Breakfast & Silent Auction, an annual event that raises funds for Safe Alliance and its domestic violence prevention and awareness programs. In addition, he and Paul DeJesse, Jr. were members of the event’s executive committee for six years. The Firm’s male attorneys continue to attend and participate in the Men for Change fundraiser.
- Hatcher Law Group attorneys regularly volunteer as guest speakers at the Mecklenburg County Women’s Commission’s Family Law Clinic, a free program for women who may be unable to afford a family law attorney.
- Greg Hatcher joined the Kilah Davenport Foundation’s board of directors in 2014. Through efforts of the Foundation, which was founded in 2012 to educate and advocate against child abuse, two bills have been passed at the state and federal levels that double the minimum penalty for those convicted of child abuse.
- Paul DeJesse, Jr. is an active member of the Business Leaders of Charlotte (BLOC) – Ballantyne chapter. He has participated in BLOC’s holiday gift delivery and fundraising efforts benefiting local nonprofit organizations, including Patriots Path and Project 2 Heal. He was also interviewed by TWC News on behalf of Safe Alliance to promote the first annual Barrister's Ball fundraising event in 2014.