An Overview of Hatcher Law Group

Hatcher Law Group is a law firm located in the heart of Charlotte, North Carolina which represents clients in Mecklenburg and the surrounding counties.  Additionally, we have an office in the Lake Norman area to serve our clients in North Mecklenburg and Iredell counties.  The firm is comprised of nine attorneys and a full complement of staff who focus exclusively in all areas of family law, as well as wills and estate planning.  Our attorneys are dedicated to building relationships with our clients and helping them find solutions to their problems. We view the opportunity to help clients as a privilege which must be earned every day.  One way the firm strives to earn this privilege is by providing our clients with thorough and up-to-date information about the law and the world which may affect their cases.  This website is designed with the client in mind and we hope it helps you gain more information about us, our approach to the practice of law, and North Carolina's laws in our practice areas.

Our practice areas include Separation, Divorce & Annulment, Child Custody, Child Support, Property Distribution, Post-Separation Support & Alimony, Separation and Prenuptial Agreements, Mediation & Arbitration, Collaborative Law, Domestic Violence, Non-traditional Families, Adoption, and Alienation of Affection & Criminal Conversation.

Contact Us

News & Events
  • July 22, 2014
    Family Law Blog: Child Custody Evaluations – Part 2
    There are numerous reasons as to why a psychological and custody evaluation may be appropriate in a child custody case and a court may order an evaluation as part of the case. The use of a psychological evaluator at the first signs of alienation can help catch the problem early and, hopefully, prevent or reduce any damage.
  • July 18, 2014
    Family Law Blog: Attorney’s Fees in Equitable Distribution Claims
    Married parties who separate may request from the court an equitable distribution of their marital and divisible property. The parties can also ask the court to make a designation as to what property is considered their separate property and have that separate property returned to them.